It’s simple- crescent roll dough, cake batter mix, butter and a whole lotta sprinkles. One of my friend’s two favorite foods are cinnamon rolls and funfetti cake, so as a going away surprise I decided to put both of them together. With the help of Google, I stumbled across a few recipes, took the best ideas, and rolled them into one.
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 cup of sprinkles
- 1 box of any white cake mix (Sara Lee is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup cream/ half and half / milk
- Preheat the oven according to the crescent roll can.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and smooth-en out using a rolling pin
- Brush 2 Tb of melted butter on dough. Sprinkle 2 Tb of cake mix on top of butter, evenly coating the dough. Brush another 2 Tb of melted butter over cake mix. Douse top layer with sprinkles.
- Next roll the dough into a log shape. Then cut into 8 even pieces. Repeat the previous steps for as many batches as needed.
- Bake the funfetti rolls according to the package instructions.
For the frosting
- Take 1/2 cup of cake mix and whisk together with 1/2 cup of milk. Add more liquid to get desired consistency.